socorro police department

Socorro Police Department

The following items were taken from reports at the Socorro Police Department

July 26

An officer was advised of a vehicle causing damage to the median on California Street. The officer noted shrubs and dirt ripped from the median. The officer was able to locate a video of the incident from the Valero gas station was able to see a large semi-truck pulling a large white cylinder. The officer was not able to identify any of the truck’s identifying numbers.

Officers were called at 1:13 a.m. to the 600 block of Ivy Street for an unresponsive male. The victim had visible injuries and blood on his head and body. The male suspect was located sitting near the victim and witness. The witness said the suspect caused the injuries and officers detained the suspect and had EMS attend to the victim, who had visible injures and cuts to his face and head. The victim was taken to Socorro General Hospital for medical treatment. After the suspect was advised of his rights he told officers the victim became aggressive towards him and he was defending himself. He said the victim took him to the ground and was choking him but he was able to get the victim off him. The suspect said the witness was telling the victim to get the suspect and then she struck him. The suspect said he was able to get free and take the victim to the ground and used a wooden statue to hit the victim three times on the back of the victim’s head. He said he struck the victim five more times. Officers met with the witness, who advised she was inside and heard arguing, and when she came out she saw the suspect striking the victim on the head. The witness said she tried to stop the assault and was pushed by the suspect. She said she saw the suspect strike the victim several times with the wooden statue. The statue had blood on it and was taken as evidence. The suspect was taken to the police dept. and processed. The suspect was booked into the SCDC.

July 27

An officer met with a female who said her computer had a virus, and a number to call came up on her screen. She called the number and gave her information to an unknown person, but her computer was never fixed. She said she was advised by her bank of someone trying to withdraw money from her account. She changed all her account information. The officer called the number provided and the number was not in service.

An officer was called to the hospital and met with a victim who said earlier in the day he was walking near his apartment complex when the male suspect drove up. The suspect exited the truck with a handgun and told him to get in the truck or the suspect would shoot him. The victim entered the vehicle and was taken to a home where the victim was told to crawl through a window. As the victim was entering the window the suspect kicked the victim in the face. He said a male and female were in the home and the male tied up the victim. The male suspect put the gun in the victim’s mouth and threatened to kill him. He said he was kicked and hit with the gun during the incident which lasted several hours. The suspect took his wallet and money along with a cell phone. The victim did have signs of battery. The suspect has not been located. Charges are pending in the case.

Officer was dispatched at 1:01 a.m. to the 1200 block of El Camino Real in reference to a stolen cell phone. The victim stated she confronted her sister about being high on drugs. She said she watched as her sister went into her dresser and took her cell phone, and then run out the door with it. The victim stated the cell phone was taken from her residence on Lemitar Lane and was pinging at the El Camino Real address. Officer was unable to locate anyone at the apartment where the cellphone last pinged.

An officer was dispatched at 8:10 a.m. to the 1000 block of California for a stolen vehicle. A male told the officer he stopped to get coffee and left his vehicle running. While getting coffee someone got into the vehicle and drove off. The officer put out a BOLO for the vehicle and it was entered into NCIC as a stolen vehicle.

An officer was dispatched at 11 a.m. to a residence on Melody Lane for a juvenile arrest. The officer met with the Juvenile Probation Officer who had a warrant in hand for the juvenile. The officer arrested the juvenile, who was taken to a juvenile facility in Bernalillo and incarcerated.

An officer assisted on a code enforcement at 1:20 p.m. The officer was advised of a resident in the 900 block of Anette who had trash and overgrown weeds in the yard. The officer made several attempts to contact the resident but no one was home. The owner was located at her work and told the reason for the contact and the issues with the yard and debris. She was informed she would have a month to clean the yard and bring it up to code. She promised she would begin working on the yard.

A victim in the 200 block of School of Mines contacted police at 3:53 p.m.about a stolen bicycle. The victim was leaving the home to look for a stolen vehicle when a male suspect came to his yard and took his bicycle and left another bicycle in the yard. The victim showed the officer video cameras showing the suspect taking the bicycle. The officer could not identify the suspect and is not known at this time. The victim called police back the next day and said he located his bicycle in the plaza with a male. He said he recovered his bike from another male. Neither male has been located for comment.

July 28

A man at Plaza Park reported at 4 p.m. that the suspect was making threats to have someone beat him up, claiming he owed the suspect money. The victim said he was worried the suspect would damage the victim’s car. The officer located the suspect, who said he had the victim hold $150 for him but the money was never returned. The suspect was advised he would have to file in civil court against the victim. The suspect said he would do what he has to and would go to jail for it. The suspect was advised to stay away from the victim and his family.

Officers were called at 4:45 p.m. to an argument at WdFd Bank. The officer met with Male 1 who said Male 2 was upset over him parking in front of the ATM and not a parking space. He said when he was leaving Male 2 threw a rock at the passenger side of his car. The officer located Male 2, who said he was upset over Male 1 blocking traffic and the two argued. Male 2 said Male 1 threw a water bottle at his car hitting the front grill. Male 2 said he threw the water bottle back at Male 1’s car. Neither car showed any damage. Both parties were advised the incident was being documented.

The victim reported at 6:59 p.m. the male suspect was at her residence in the 400 block of Bullock when she arrived home. She spoke with him outside and he said he had wrecked his car and lost all his possessions. The victim said then her dog got loose, and she locked her home and left to look for her dog. When she returned, she heard a noise coming from inside the home and then saw the suspect running out of the back of the home with her TV. She chased him and he dropped the TV. The victim retrieved the TV and returned home, but the TV did not work after being dropped. She valued the TV at $100. The officers were able to locate the suspect walking in town and placed him under arrest. A female with the suspect tried to stop officers from arresting the suspect and she was also detained and later released from the hospital. The male suspect was processed and booked into the SCDC.

A man reported at 7:45 p.m. that he was walking past a home on Bagley Avenue when two dogs came out and began barking aggressively. He said there was a dog on either side of him and one dog bit him on the leg, breaking the skin. As he was on the ground, the second dog bit him on the arm. The victim was taken to Socorro General Hospital by ambulance. The officer was able to contact the owner of the dog and explain the incident. The dogs were taken to the animal shelter for a 10-day quarantine. The officer issued citations to the suspect.

A victim in the 600 block of Blue Canyon reported that an unknown suspect entered their property and got into the victim’s vehicle. The victim said the suspect looked through the vehicle but did not appear to take any items. The suspect left a bicycle at the front entrance to the property. At this time the suspects are not known. The bicycle was taken to the police department for safekeeping.

Officers were called to the 1000 block of California where a male subject was laying on the ground near the Burger King parking lot. The male suspect was identified and his information was run through NCIC which showed him to have a valid arrest warrant. The suspect was arrested and booked SCDC.

A victim on Harold Drive reported that an unknown suspect attempted to use the victim’s personal information to obtain unemployment benefits. The victim said the attempt was stopped and the incident was documented.

A victim reported at 1:34 p.m. the suspect was sending threatening emails and calling to threaten her that when he gets out of jail he was going to come to see her. The victim said the suspect was saying she was talking bad about him, and she said she did not want him around her or to contact her any further. The officer spoke with the suspect and advised him to stay away from the victim and have no further contact with her. The suspect agreed to stop all contact.

July 29

A caller reported at 3:08 p.m. he was trying to pick up his daughter from the mother in Belen when the family of the mother tried to fight him. He stated police were called and he was told to leave. The caller said he tried to show the officers documents showing prostitution by the mother and criminal sexual assault by the mother by allowing the child to touch the mother’s breast. The caller provided text messages where he confronts the mother and the mother does text that the daughter does think it’s funny to touch her breasts and is told not to be touching her breasts. The caller said the mother was also receiving benefits under their daughter’s name even though the mother does not have custody of the child. The caller was advised the information would be documented but he would have to file a report with the police agency where the incidents are occurring.

Officers were called at 5:45 a.m. to McDonald’s restaurant for a break-in. An officer met with Callers 1 and 2. The callers arrived for work and found the front door open and the safe was tampered with, but the suspects could not get into the safe. A cash register was opened but there was no money in the register. The officers were shown a video of the incident which shows three suspects entering the front door. One suspect was carrying a reciprocating saw. The three are covered in plastic bags, wearing gloves and face coverings. As one suspect is trying to open the safe, another spray paints the camera lenses in the office. The suspects are not able to get into the safe and no items were missing. The officer followed up with management and was advised the suspects came walking up from the southeast. The officer checked with a local store to see if the spray paint was purchased at the store. The officer was told it may not be possible to search for the purchased item without knowing when it was purchased. At this time the suspects are not known.

An officer witnessed a drug exchange between the two suspects at Circle K. The two suspects were contacted and detained. Suspect 1 admitted to selling methamphetamine to Suspect 2. Suspect 2 denied purchasing the drugs. He was searched incident to arrest, and the officers found the narcotics on the suspect. The suspects’ vehicles were towed from the scene. They were both processed and booked SCDC. The narcotics were tested and logged at the police dept. to be sent to the state lab for testing.

July 30

Officers were called at 7:01 p.m. to a residence in the 200 block of School of Mines where the reporting person found the west-facing door of the residence open. Officers checked the residence and did not locate anybody inside. The reporting person went inside and found that a washer and dryer had been stolen.

Officers were called at 5:54 p.m. to the 300 block of McCutcheon where the reporting person found a door open on the residence. Officers met with the reporting person and the victim. The reporting person said he saw the south-facing door of the residence open and called the owner. The owner arrived shortly before officers and checked his residence, and said nothing was taken from the residence.

A victim in the 500 block of Melody Lane called about someone being at the residence and was not supposed to be there. The officer arrived and was told the suspect came to the home and pushed the victim out of the way to enter the home. The suspect then went to the shower. The officer tried contacting the suspect through the bathroom door, asking the suspect to exit and leave the home. The suspect did not comply. After several attempts, the officer entered the bathroom and gave the suspect more commands to leave. The suspect still did not comply. The officer attempted to restrain the suspect but the suspect pulled away. The suspect was taken to the ground and placed in handcuffs. The suspect was removed from the home and booked into SCDC.

An officer was called to RAKS where two individuals took items from the store. The reporting person said a male and female walked out without paying for the items. The reporting person told the officer he was unable to identify the individuals but did see them leaving in a white late-model Chevrolet pickup.

A caller in the 300 block of Church Street complained at 10 a.m. that a woman left a grocery basket with two car batteries on her property. The caller wanted the items removed. The officer took possession of the grocery cart and batteries. The batteries were logged at the police department the basket was returned to the grocery store.

An officer responded to a call from the animal shelter at 7 a.m. The caller said someone dropped a dog off overnight while the facility was closed and locked. The caller showed the officer the damaged bolt on the kennel. The damage was estimated at $5.