The General Election is Nov. 8.
Early voting began Oct. 11 and continues through Nov. 5.
Absentee ballots can be requested until Nov. 3 and must be returned to the county clerk by 7 p.m. on Election Day. Mail absentee ballots back by Nov. 3 or hand-deliver it to a location designated by the county clerk.
On Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8, the polling locations will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
There is one competitive local race. Lee Armijo (R) is running against Demecio Silva (D) for Socorro County sheriff. Current Sheriff William Armijo is not running for re-election.
The remaining local candidates are running unopposed.
- Roscoe A. Woods (D) is running for district court judge in the Seventh Judicial District, Division 2.
- Felix Saavedra (D) is running for magistrate judge.
- Joe Gonzales (D) is running unopposed for County Commissioner District 1.
- John Aguilar (D) is running unopposed for County Commissioner District 3. Aguilar would replace current District 3 Commissioner Manuel Anaya, who is not running for re-election.
- Julie Griego (R) is running unopposed for County Assessor.
- Gilbert Peralta (D) is running unopposed for Probate Judge.
Statewide, national races
For State Representative District 38, Tara Jaramillo (D) faces Sandy Hammack (R). The newly redrawn district encompasses parts of Socorro, Sierra and Doña Ana counties.
Both candidates are from Socorro County.
The incumbent Rebecca Dow did not run for re-election.
In State Representative District 49, Gail Armstrong (R) is running unopposed.
- State Representative District 69 incumbent Harry Garcia (D) is also running unopposed.
Voters in Socorro will also be casting their votes for Governor; Lieutenant Governor; Secretary of State; Attorney General; State Auditor; State Treasurer; Commissioner of Public Lands; and three Court of Appeal judges.
On the national level, Republican Congresswoman Yvette Herrell is running for re-election against Democratic challenger Gabriel Vasquez. Eliseo Luna is a declared write-in candidate.
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham is running against Republican Mark Ronchetti, and Libertarian Karen Bedonie. Grisham is running with Lt. Gov. Howie Morales, Ronchetti is running with Ant Thornton and Bedonie’s running mate is Efren Gallardo Jr.
- Secretary of State — Maggie Toulouse Oliver (D), Audrey Trujillo (R), Mayna Erika Myers (LIB)
- Attorney General — Raúl Torrez (D), Jeremy Michael Gay (R)
- State Auditor — Joseph M. Maestas (D), Travis Steven Sanchez (LIB), Robert Jason Vaillancourt (write-in)
- State Treasurer — Harry B. Montoya (R), Laura M. Montoya (D)
- There are three contenders for Commissioner of Public Lands: Jefferson Byrd (R), Stephanie Garcia Richard (D) and Larry Marker (I).