socorro police department

Socorro Police Department

The following items were taken from reports at the Socorro Police Department

Mar. 31

Officers were called at 10:50 a.m. to a home on Grant Street where the suspect had overdosed and was found unconscious. The officers and medical staff located the suspect on the floor of the bathroom unresponsive. Next to the suspect was a syringe and spoon with drug residue. He was given two doses of Narcan and moved to the living room, where he woke up and spoke with officers and EMS, but refused treatment. The suspect admitted he was on probation and gave consent to search his person. The officer located a baggie with heroin in the suspect’s right front pocket. The suspect was arrested and taken to the SGH for medical clearance and booked into the SCDC.

Officers were called at 11:15 a.m. to Parkview Elementary School where students were found with tobacco products. The staff said the students had passed nicotine vape pens to each other on a school bus. One student had taken the vape pens from an older sister the previous day. One of the juveniles returned the vape pen to the other juvenile while on the bus and the juvenile inhaled from the pen. The school was notified of the incident and the students were contacted in class. The staff searched the students’ belongings but did not find the vape pens. As the staff was about to contact one of the students a second time, the student threw papers in the trash can. The papers made a loud thud. The staff checked the trash and located the vape pens. The staff contacted the parents to pick up the students. The vape pens were turned over to police. The incident was documented. A copy was forwarded to CYFD/ SCI.

A woman reported being involved in an altercation at 3:34 p.m. with her landlord and the suspect at a residence on Santa Fe Lane. The victim said she was picking up the rest of her belongings when the suspect sprayed her with water from the bathroom shower head. The victim said she hit the sprayer out of the suspect’s hand and then the suspect grabbed her by the wrist leaving a bruise, and began shaking the victim. The officer did observe a bruise to the arm that was documented. The officer met with the suspect at his home. He said he was cleaning the home when the victim walked in and began arguing. The victim then locked herself in the bathroom and began cursing at the suspect. The suspect entered the bathroom and the victim began hitting and yelling at him. The suspect admitted he did spray the victim with water from the showerhead to calm her down. He said she calmed down and the incident ended.

An officer was dispatched at 3:12 p.m. to a residence on Arroyo Drive with CYFD for a report. The officer was advised by an employee that a juvenile was using vulgar words in school and said she was touched. Officer stayed through the interview. Once the interview was over the officer was advised the report was not accurate. Officer was informed he would be getting a copy of the CYFD investigation when it was completed.

Apr. 1

An officer assisted CYFD at 2:38 p.m. on a home visit on Bagley Street on a report that the residence was unclean and not suitable for the children. The officer met with the occupants and was allowed inside. The mother of one child conceded the home was messy and there was an infestation of bed bugs. The officer and the CYFD staff member checked the home and determined the home was not suitable for the children. The mother made arrangements for the children to stay with another family member at a hotel until the home could be cleaned.

An officer received at 4:11 p.m. a CPS intake report on a child at a residence on Bullock Avenue. The officer met with the guardian and child and notified them of the report. The officer met with the child and checked the home and determined the child was fine and the home was in good condition. The officer did not see any concerns. The incident was documented.

An officer was called to the Probation and Parole Office at 9:03 a.m. for a suspect with an arrest warrant. The suspect’s warrant was confirmed and the suspect was arrested and booked into the SCDC.

A victim reported at 9 a.m. that someone had made unauthorized transactions using the victim’s bank account. The victim provided the officer with the locations of the transactions. The officer contacted the two businesses. One business said they did not have any video of the incident since the camera system records over itself daily. The other business said they did not have a record of the transaction amount on the listed date. At this time the suspects are not known.

An officer was called at 12:19 p.m. to the Probation and Parole Office for a suspect having a valid arrest warrant. The suspect’s warrant was confirmed and arrested and questioned on other open cases the suspect was named in. The suspect was processed and booked into SCDC on the warrant.

A caller reported at 9 a.m. that someone damaged the window of a business in the 200 block of S. California. The officer was shown the damaged window which appeared to have been hit with a blunt object. The window was next to the main roadway with a sidewalk in front of the window. The business had cameras but the video footage has not been seen, and the staff was not sure if the incident was captured on video. The damage to the window was estimated at $200. At this time there are no suspects.

A homeowner called police about finding graffiti on a wall at their residence on Marshall Lane. The writing read SOS or SDS. The victim said the cost to remove the writing was estimated at $25. At this time the suspects are not known.

Apr. 2

Officers were called at 7:20 p.m. to the 600 block of Nicholas for a vehicle blocking the caller’s entrance to private property. The officer met with the caller and checked the home across the street and found the doors open. The officers cleared the home and no one was located and then checked a rear building and did not find anyone. A female came out of the home and told the officers the homeowner was sick. The officers asked if the homeowner needed an ambulance. She said the homeowner was terminal and no ambulance was needed. She then moved the vehicle from the caller’s driveway.

An officer conducted a traffic stop at 1:31 a.m. on a vehicle at Park Street and Spring. During the traffic stop, the officer noted the female driver had drug paraphernalia in her lap. When asked about the paraphernalia the female became uncooperative. The suspect and passenger exited and gave consent to search the vehicle. The officers searched the vehicle and located a black pouch that contained narcotics. The suspect claimed ownership and was arrested. During a search of the suspect’s person, the officers discovered a plastic baggie with narcotics. The vehicle was towed and the suspect was processed and booked into SCDC. The narcotics were field-tested positive for narcotics and were logged into evidence at the Police Department.

An officer picked up a suspect known to have an active arrest warrant at 9:40 a.m. outside of an apartment in the 800 block of Spring Street. The suspect was arrested and taken to the Police Department. When the suspect was being removed from the patrol car, the officer found a plastic baggie under the suspect that was not there prior to the suspect being placed in the car. The baggie was recovered and contained a crystal substance that tested positive for a narcotic. The suspect, who denied dropping the baggie, was processed and booked into the SCDC.

An officer was contacted by a male at 11:29 a.m. at the Socorro Police Department who wanted to make a report. The male said he was a project manager of a company working on the roads at California and Manzanares and that several road barricades were missing. The officer was able to obtain video from a nearby business which showed New Mexico Department of Transportation staff removing the barriers. The officer contacted the supervisor for the state highway department, who said the barricades were removed for safety reasons. The officer contacted the caller and told him the barriers were removed and provided the contact information for the DOT supervisor. No charges are filed.

An officer was called at 12:18 p.m. to Walmart for a set of keys being found that was attached to a container that had a possible controlled substance. The officer was advised an employee located the keys in the door lock on a vehicle in the parking lot. The employee brought the keys in and handed them to a greeter who then gave the keys to a manager. The container was checked and inside was a crystal substance. The officer looked at the substance and identified it as being methamphetamine. As the officer was speaking with the manager a juvenile came in asking about keys, then left and returned with the suspect. The suspect confirmed she was looking for her keys. The officer had the suspect identify the keys and then escorted the suspect outside. The suspect was advised of her rights and then explained that she found the silver container on her key ring at her hotel. She believed the substance inside the container was methamphetamine and that she took the container so her daughter would not get it. The suspect was released pending charges and approval by the DA. The narcotics were field-tested positive for a controlled substance. The evidence was logged at the Police Department.

A caller in the 1200 block of Santa Fe Lane reported at 4:56 p.m. that a neighbor’s dog barks constantly disturbing the caller. The caller said she has made several calls to animal control about the dog’s barking and that she wanted charges filed. The officer met with the owner of the dog, who said he puts the dog out for fresh air and to use the bathroom, but the dog is mostly inside. He was informed that the caller wanted to file charges for the noise. The owner was cited into court.

Apr. 3

A caller reported at 4 p.m. being harassed by the suspect at a gas station. The officer arrived at the location but the caller was not there. The officer was then called to the police station for the caller being in the parking lot. The caller repeated that she was being harassed by the suspect, adding that the harassment would not have occurred if the suspect had been arrested for a previous incident. She said she has made several calls to the police department to speak with the Chief of Police but no calls were returned. The officer asked the caller if she wanted a report filed on today’s incident. The caller said she did and then left the scene without giving any details on how she was harassed by the suspect. The officer documented the incident.

A female in the 800 block of Spring Street reported at 1:38 p.m. that the male suspect came to the home intoxicated to pick up his belongings. While in the home he began to argue with her and became physical with her, slamming her head into the floor. The victim showed signs of battery to her head. The suspect left the apartment to another apartment in the complex. The officer located the suspect walking in the complex. He was detained and when questioned said he did not do anything wrong. The suspect was placed under arrest and booked into the SCDC.

Apr. 4

An officer was dispatched at 8:14 p.m. to a business in the 400 block of California where a woman said the IDs of hers and her daughter were missing from her vehicle. The officer did not see any signs of the vehicle being tampered with.