Items taken from reports at the Socorro Police Department

Sept. 18

An officer was dispatched to a residence in the 800 block of Spring Street on a harassment call. The female victim told the officer her ex-boyfriend was making fake social media accounts to harass her. She said she was in the process of getting an order of protection. The officer met with the ex-boyfriend and advised him to stop trying to contact her.

Sept. 19

An officer was dispatched to a residence for an eviction. The male subject had an eviction notice but it was not signed by a judge. He said someone had also taken his fishing pole from the residence. Officer advised the male a report would be made on the incident.

Officers were called to the scene of a fight in the Dollar Tree parking lot. The office met with suspect 1, who said she was driving in town and saw suspect 2 following her. Suspect 1 said suspect 2 confronted her and began striking her. A witness advised she was trying to break up the fight and was struck on the arm by suspect 2. Suspect 2 then left the scene. Officers located suspect 2, who said she followed suspect 1 to the store and confronted her over her beating up a family member of hers. Suspect 2 said suspect 1 struck her, so she fought back. Both suspects were charged with public affray.

An officer was dispatched to a residence on Giles Lane for vandalism. The victim told the officer his vehicle was drug from a yard and left at the river. The officer located the vehicle which had been heavily damaged. The victim showed the officer text messages from his friend who had taken the vehicle. The officer met with the suspect who admitted to dragging the vehicle out of his yard. He was arrested and incarcerated at Socorro County Detention Center.

Sept. 20

Officers were called to a home on Park Street to assist EMS personnel who were performing CPR on the male victim. The caller said the victim was walking in the hallway and fell down. The caller added that he was intoxicated and falls frequently. The officer met with EMS staff and was informed the victim was deceased. The scene was documented and OMI was called. The victim was taken to a local funeral home before being taken for an autopsy.

An officer was dispatched to a residence on La Mesa Road where a male said he had been fighting with his girlfriend all day and was trying to get her to leave. She refused so he pulled a knife on her and pushed her out the door. The female victim suffered minor injuries to her ankle. He was arrested and incarcerated at Socorro County Detention Center.

An officer attempted to stop a driver for traffic violations on El Camino Real. The driver refused to pull over and began to flee from the officers. A female jumped out of the fleeing vehicle, informing the officer a second female was being held against her will. The officer pursued the suspect. Officers continued to pursue the suspect onto Interstate 25 and into the Lemitar area where the suspect came to a rapid stop resulting in the officer collided with the suspect. The suspect then exited his car and fled on foot. After a foot chase, the officers were able to catch him. An underage female in the car said she was in fear for her life because the suspect would not let her out of the car, and it was she who hit the brake pedal to stop the car. The suspect appeared to be under the influence of a narcotic and was taken to the hospital where a blood draw and medical clearance was obtained. The suspect was later booked SCDC. Both female victims were interviewed and provided a statement that the suspect would not allow them out of the car.

Sept. 21

An officer was dispatched to a residence in the 1100 block of Vermont for a fight involving a knife. On arrival, the officer was told the suspect had already driven away. The suspect was later found and told the officer he was being disrespected by the male victim so he grabbed a knife and went after him. He also claimed the victim punched him first. The officer was also able to meet with the victim who had a laceration on his back. The suspect was incarcerated at Socorro County Detention Center.

Sept. 23

A female victim reported leaving her wallet in the basket after leaving Walmart, but when she returned to get the wallet it was gone. She was informed by Walmart staff there was a security camera video of a male picking up the wallet. The officer was shown the video and was able to locate the suspect and his vehicle. After being told he was caught on camera taking the wallet he handed it over to the officer, saying that he was going to keep the wallet and give it to his girlfriend. The officer opened the wallet and did not find any money. The suspect denied looking in the wallet. The victim said there had been $540 in the wallet, at a minimum, but the other items were still in the wallet. The wallet was returned to the victim, charges were filed on the suspect.

Sept. 26

A female victim on Spring Street reported being punched in the face with a closed fist. She displayed signs of battery and the male suspect did not dispute the allegations. He was placed under arrest and booked into SCDC.

A female victim on Calle San Miguel reported arguing with the male suspect at home. During the argument, she said she yelled at the suspect and then he struck her. She stated the incident occurred in front of the couple’s child. The officer met with the suspect, who said she confronted him about his marijuana use but no physical contact was made between the two. The officer met with the child, admitted she did not see any physical contact between the parents. The officer separated the two parties, and the victim left with the child. The officer called in a CYFD report on the incident. The victim later contacted the officer and requested that no charges be filed as they agreed to go to counseling.

Sept. 28

A man in the 1100 block of Chaparral reported that someone attempted to pry open his mailbox, damaging it. He said his mailbox was the only one damaged.

A caller reported someone forced entry into the back door of the Best Western convention center. The suspect had entered a freezer in the storage, taking food items and coffee, and then left the freezer open causing $800 worth of food to rot. The officers collected evidence from the area that will be sent to the lab for testing to identify a suspect.

A man in the 200 block of S. Fifth Street advised finding his dog dead in the yard. He checked the dog and noticed it had a hole from a small firearm, possibly a pellet gun. It is not known who shot the dog.

Sept. 30

A caller reported a violation of the public health order by customers refusing to wear a face-covering inside the Chevron convenience store on N. California. The caller said she informed the two they would have to put on a face covering, but the two did not comply. Two livestock officers were in the business and also advised the female suspects they would have to put on a face covering. The females entered the bathroom and later exited wearing a face covering. The caller advised she was able to get a license plate for the suspect’s car. The car was run through NCIC and a registered owner was found. A check of the name of the date of birth did not come back on file. The incident was documented.

A male juvenile was called in for nearly hitting another vehicle on B Street. The callers stated the male was driving at a high rate of speed when he came around a corner and nearly struck the callers. They believed the near-contact was not intentional but caused by his careless driving. The officer was informed that the suspect was being followed by a city employee after he was seen driving in circles at the sports complex. The city employee stated the suspect drove onto the city property at a high rate of speed, and began driving in circles at a high rate of speed, then left the complex traveling over 60 mph. The employee wanted the suspect trespassed from the sports complex property. The suspect was contacted and advised of the calls on his driving. He claimed he did not come close to hitting anyone with his car but did admit to driving in circles at the city complex. He was trespassed from the city complex and released.

A woman on Park Street reported that someone took a flatbed trailer from the property. The victim was able to provide the license plate and VIN for the trailer. She signed a theft declaration for the trailer and it was entered into NCIC as stolen.

An officer contacted a female subject outside of the Forget Me Not Thrift Store which was closed. The officer obtained her name and DOB, but she provided a different last name. The woman was identified by a second officer and a check with NCIC showed she had a valid arrest warrant. The suspect was arrested and booked into SCDC.

Oct. 1

A woman on Otero Street reported being gone from the home and upon returning found the back door to be forced open and several items missing, including two television sets, a game controller, clothes, and other items. The victim provided a list of the stolen items with estimated values. At this time there are no suspects.

A caller reported a female came to the yard on Eastwood Loop and harassing and provoking the victim while he was working on a vehicle with a family member. The victim said she was upset because he was dating her daughter. When the suspect was told to leave she was removed from the property by her husband, but later returned and informed the police were being called. The officer met with the suspect who confirmed that she did go over and talk with the victim but that her husband went over and removed her from the yard. She was trespassed from the property and advised to have no contact with the victims.

Oct. 2

Officers were called to the scene of a fight in the Dollar Tree parking lot where officers met with two female victims who did have signs of battery. They stated that the male and female suspects instigated the fight when the female suspect approached one female victim and began hitting her as the male suspect approached the other female victim and began hitting her.

During the fight, the male suspect saw one of the female victims on top of the female suspect and ran over and punched her. The fight continued until police were called and the suspects left. One female said she did not want to press charges but the female said she did want charges filed on the male suspect for punching the victim. The officers were advised of a possible location of the suspects and went to the home but did not make contact with the suspects. Charges were filed.