NOTICE is hereby given that on November 30, 2020, Jordan & Beverly Pareo and Jimmy & Kristy Pareo, P.O. Box 489, Veguita, NM 87062, filed Application No. RG-28311 POD2, with the STATE ENGINEER for Permit to Change Point of Diversion within the Rio Grande Underground Water Basin of the State of New Mexico.

The applicants propose to drill and commence the use of well no. RG-28311 POD2, to be drilled under emergency authorization issued December 14, 2020, in accordance with §72-12-22 NMSA, to an approximate depth of 300 feet, with a 20-inch casing to replace existing well no. RG-28311, owned by the applicants, to be drilled within 100-feet of said existing well, within Projected Section 7, Township 3 North, Range 2 East, NMPM, Casa Colorada Grant, Socorro County, New Mexico, further described at a point where X= 336,561.4 meters and Y= 3,818,995.6 meters, UTM (NAD 83) Zone 13 N, for the irrigation of 129.8969 acres of land owned by the applicants, described as Exempt Land Division Plat of Richard Handley Farm, Tract A (89.2363 acres) and Tract B (39.6606 acres), on MRGCD Maps 122, 123 & 124. No new appropriation of water is sought by this application.

The proposed well no. RG-28311 POD2 and place of use are located approximately 0.7 miles south of the Jaramillo Loop and approximately 0.84 miles west of Highway 304 in Socorro County near Veguita, New Mexico. The original well no. RG-28311 will be plugged.

Any person, firm or corporation or other entity asserting standing to file objections or protests shall do so in writing (objection must be legible, signed, and include the writer’s complete name, phone number, email address, and mailing address). If the protest does not include the complete name, phone number, email address, and mailing address, it may be deemed invalid and not accepted for filing unless the Protestant provides with the protest an affidavit stating that it does not have one of the above-listed elements/requirements (phone number, mailing address, email address, etc.). The objection to the approval of the application must be based on: (1) Impairment; if impairment, you must specifically identify your water rights; and/or (2) Public Welfare/Conservation of Water; if public welfare or conservation of water within the State of New Mexico, you shall be required to provide evidence showing how you will be substantially and specifically affected. The written protest must be filed, in triplicate, with the Office of the State Engineer, District 1 Office, located at 5550 San Antonio Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109-4127, on or before February 26, 2021. Facsimiles (faxes) will be accepted as a valid protest if the hard copy is hand-delivered or mailed and postmarked within 24-hours of the facsimile. Mailing postmark will be used to validate the 24-hour period. Protests can be faxed to the Office of the State Engineer, (505) 383-4030. If no valid protest or objection is filed, the State Engineer will evaluate the application in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 72 NMSA 1978.

Published in the
El Defensor Chieftain on
December 31, 2020 &
January 7 & 14, 2021.