When the bell rings on Aug. 7, Magdalena Municipal Schools will welcome about 270 K-12 students back to school. Teachers returned to prepare on Aug. 1.
Superintendent Dr. Glenn Haven said that the K-12 numbers “will be about the same. We don’t know yet about pre-K.”
About staffing, Haven predicts that Magdalena schools will be fully staffed on the first day.
The district will hold its 19th annual open house on Thursday, Aug. 17, from 4-6 p.m. All parents and guardians are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting to be held in the Main Gym at 4:15 p.m.
After the meeting, dinner will be served in the Commons Area, starting at 4:45 p.m. The menu includes pulled pork/brisket, sides, roll, drinks and dessert.
Magdalena schools follow a four-day week.
- Aug. 1-3 Staff workdays
- Aug. 7 First day of school K-12
- Aug. 17 Open House, 4-6 p.m.
- Aug. 28 Pre-K begins
- Sept. 4 Labor Day—no school
- Oct. 6 Parent-Teacher conferences
- Nov. 20-24 Thanksgiving break—no school
- Dec. 21 Early Release
- Dec. 25-Jan. 5 Winter break—no school
- Jan. 8 Teacher workday—no school
- Jan. 9 School resumes
- Feb. 19 President’s Day—no school
- Mar. 25-April 1 Spring break—no school
- April 25 Spring Fling/Open House
- May 23 Early release
- May 27 Memorial Day
- June 3-13 Summer school