Primary voting day is next Tuesday, June 7, when Socorro and Magdalena voters will have the chance to choose their party’s candidates in the general election in November.
Early in-person voting at the Alamo Wellness Center ends on Friday, June 3, at 4 p.m.
Early in-person voting at the Socorro County Clerk’s Office and Magdalena Senior Center ends on Saturday, June 4, at 6 p.m.
In November in the general election, voters in Socorro will also be casting their votes for Governor; Lieutenant Governor; 38th, 49th and 69th District State Representatives; Secretary of State; Attorney General; State Auditor; State Treasurer; Commissioner of Public Lands; and three Court of Appeal judges.
On the national level, Congresswoman Yvette Herrell will be running for re-election in the Republican primary, and there are two vying for the Democrat candidacy.
Locally, candidates will be chosen for county commissioner positions; county sheriff; district, magistrate and probate judges; and county assessor.
In the June 7 primary:
- US Representative District 2 – Darshan Nilesh Patel, Gabriel Vasquez
- Governor – Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Lt. Governor – Howie C. Morales
- Secretary of State – Maggie Toulouse Oliver
- Attorney General – Brian S. Colón, Raúl Torrez
- State Auditor – Zackary A. Quintero, Joseph M. Maestas
- State Treasurer – Laura M Montoya, Heather R Benavidez
- Commissioner of Public Lands – Stephanie Garcia Richard
- State Representative District 38 – Ravi Bhasker, Tara Jaramillo
- State Representative District 69 – Harry Garcia, Marvin Anthony Trujillo (write-in)
- Seventh District Court Judge – Roscoe A. Woods
- Socorro County Sheriff – Demecio V. Silva
- Socorro County Commissioner District 3 – John J. Aguilar
- Socorro County Commissioner District 1 – Joe Gonzales
- Probate Judge – Gilbert Peralta, Dawn Weaver
- Governor – Karen Evette Bedonie, Tim Walsh, Ginger G. Grider (write-in)
- Lt. Governor – Travis Steven Sanchez
- Secretary of State: Mayna Erika Myers
- State Auditor – Robert Jason Vaillancourt (write-in)
- US Representative District 2 – Yvette Herrell
- Governor – Jay C. Block, Rebecca L. Dow, Gregory Joseph Zanetti, Ethel R. Maharg, Mark V. Ronchetti
- Lt. Governor – Ant L. Thornton, Peggy L. Muller-Aragón, Isabella Solis, Anastacia Anise Golden Morper, Patrick H. Lyons
- Secretary of State – Audrey Trujillo,
- Attorney General – Jeremy Michael Gay
- State Treasurer – Harry B. Montoya
- Commissioner Of Public Lands – Jefferson L. Byrd, Aubrey Dunn
- State Representative District 38 – Melba Tajallieh Aguilar, Sandra K. Hammack
- State Representative District 49 – Gail Armstrong
- Public Education Commissioner – Stewart Alan Ingham (Write-In)
- Magistrate Judge – Felix William Saavedra
- Socorro County Sheriff – Lee Polo Armijo, Casey A Spurgin
- Assessor – Julie Griego
Polling places can be found on the Secretary of State’s website at: